Get Full Access to Grade 8 English Language and Arts Skill Builder + CMAS Assessment Rehearsal
Currently, you have limited access to Grade 8 English Language and Arts Skill Builder + CMAS Assessment Rehearsal. The Full Program includes,
Evaluating Frost Argumentative Task
You will now review your notes and sources, and plan, draft, revise, and edit your writing. You may use your notes and refer to the sources. Now read your assignment and the information about how your writing will be scored; then begin your work.
As contribution to the discussion, you decide to write an argumentative essay that addresses the common theme in Frosts’ poems. Your essay will be displayed on a class website and will be read by students, teachers, and parents who visit the website.
Your assignment is to use the research sources to write a multi-paragraph argumentative essay either agreeing or disagreeing with the argument in Source #3. Make sure you establish an argumentative claim, address potential counterarguments, and support your claim from the sources you have read. Develop your ideas clearly and use your own words, except when quoting directly from the sources. Be sure to reference the sources by title or number when using details or facts from the sources.
Argumentative Essay Scoring:
Your Your argumentative essay will be scored using the following:
- Organization/purpose: How well did you state your claim, address opposing claims, and maintain your claim with a logical progression of ideas from beginning to end? How well did your ideas thoughtfully flow from beginning to end using effective transitions? How effective was your introduction and your conclusion?
- Evidence/elaboration: How well did you integrate relevant and specific information from the sources? How well did you elaborate your ideas? How well did you clearly state ideas in your own words using precise language that is appropriate for your audience and purpose? How well did you reference the sources you used by title or number?
- Conventions: How well did you follow the rules of grammar usage, punctuation, capitalization and spelling?
Now begin work on your explanatory article. Manage your time carefully so that you can
- Plan your multi-paragraph argumentative essay.
- Write your multi-paragraph argumentative essay.
- Revise and edit the final draft of your multi-paragraph argumentative essay.
Word-processing tools and spell check are available to you.
You are being asked to write a multi-paragraph argumentative essay, so please be as thorough as possible. Type your response in the space provided. The box will expand as you type.
Remember to check your notes and your prewriting/planning as you write and then revise and edit your argumentative essay.
Pins Related to W.8.1 more..
0 Ratings & 0 Reviews