Get Full Access to Grade 3 English Language and Arts - Skill Builder + FSA Rehearsal
Currently, you have limited access to Grade 3 English Language and Arts - Skill Builder + FSA Rehearsal. The Full Program includes,
Buy Practice ResourcesOnline Program
THE BEE. from McGuffey's Second Eclectic Reader
1. There are three kinds of bees: workers, drones, and queens.
2. Bees live in a house that is called a hive.
3. Only one queen can live in each hive. If she is lost or dead, the other bees will stop their work.
4. They are very wise and busy little creatures. They all join together to build cells of wax for their honey.
5. Each bee takes its proper place, and does its own work. Some go out and gather honey from the flowers; others stay at home and work inside the hive.
6. The cells which they build are all of one shape and size, and no room is left between them.
7. The cells are not round, but have six sides.
8. Have you ever looked into a glass hive to see the bees while at work? They are always busy.
9. The drones do not work. Every year before winter, all the drones are driven from the hive or killed. The reason the drones are driven from the hive or killed is that they did not help make the honey, so the other bees do not allow them to eat the honey.
10. It is not safe for children to handle bees because they have stingers. Bees use their stingers as a great defensive tool.
Based on this selection, what are you LEAST likely to see a bee doing?
Videos Related to RI.3.8more..
Pins Related to RI.3.8 more..
0 Ratings & 0 Reviews