Read “Who is Albert?” and answer the questions that follow.
1. I am sure you have heard about Rex, who was one mean dinosaur, but did you ever hear about Albert? He was pretty mean too.
2. Albertosaurus dinosaur bones were found in Canada by Barnum Brown. He put these bones in a basement for many years.
3. Philip Currie wanted to know more about this dinosaur. He started digging for answers to his questions.
4. He found that this dinosaur did not eat plants, but was a meat eater.
5. He had many sharp teeth, and could crush bones with his strong jaw.
6. He also could smell and see very well.
7. The Tyrannosaurus rex was part of his family. He was not as big as Rex, but he was still strong.
8. The bones of twenty-two Albertosaurus dinosaurs were found in one spot.
9. What did this mean? Did the Albertosaurus live in groups, hunt together, and even die together.This is a good guess since other meat eating dinosaurs have been found in groups.
10. You can find many clues to the past by digging in the ground.
11. The items you find will let you know who or what lived here before you.
12. When you go home dig deep. You may find that army man toy you have been looking for, or maybe your doll’s shoe. You might find shells, or neat rocks. Who knows, you might even find a dinosaur bone in your backyard.