Ali the Alligator by Carla Gajewskey and Rex the Bully by Carla Gajewskey
Ali the Alligator
by Carla Gajewskey
1. One morning Ali the Alligator woke up to a toothache. Ali went down stairs for breakfast. Her mom made her frog legs covered in worms. Ali thought that she would just take one bite. She got her fork ready, opened her mouth, and CHOMP. Ali cried with pain.
2. Her mom ran to Ali and asked her what happened. Ali cried big alligator tears and told her mom she would never be able to eat frog legs again because her tooth hurts.
3. Ali’s mom told her that she just needed to go to the dentist. “What is a dentist?” Ali asked. Her mom told her that a dentist was someone who is a doctor for her teeth. Ali was very excited to go to the dentist so that the doctor could fix her tooth.
4. Ali and her mom went to Dr. Chewy’s Swamp Smiles. She started to get nervous and held her mom’s tail tight.
5. Ali felt a pat on her back and looked up to find Dr. Chewy, her dentist. His smile showed all of his nice, sharp alligator teeth.
6. “Wow, how do you get your teeth to look like that?” Ali asked. “Simple,” Dr. Chewy said. “You just need to follow two rules; always remember to brush and floss your teeth every night before you go to bed and every morning when you wake up. This will keep you from having cavities, which is what causes tooth aches.”
7. Ali was so upset that she didn’t listen to her mom when she was told to brush her teeth every night and morning.
8. Dr. Chewy told her that he would be able to fix her tooth, but she must take care of it and her other teeth. Once Dr. Chewy was finished with Ali’s teeth she felt so happy, and promised that she would brush her teeth every morning and night.
9. This made Dr. Chewy smile his big gator smile, and he gave her a pretty purple toothbrush. Ali could not wait to try her new tooth brush, and eat her frog legs.
Rex the Bully
by Carla Gajewskey
1. Did you know it is hard being a dinosaur? Yes, we are big and scary, but there is always someone bigger and scarier. This someone is Rex. He is a Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaur. Everyone is scared of Rex.
2. My name is Albert. I am smaller than Rex. He makes me do his homework, takes my ice cream money, and pushes me around on the playground. Everybody just laughs at me. I do not have any friends because everyone is scared of Rex.
3. Most days I hide behind a huge tree at our playground.
4. One day when I was behind my tree I heard a tiny voice, “Your name is Albert, right?” I looked everywhere but did not see anyone. Then I heard, “Down here!” When I looked down I saw a tiny dinosaur.
5. She said her name was Sara. She was even smaller than me. We became best friends.
6. Sara asked me if I ever told anyone about Rex. I told her that I was too scared. Sara told me it is important to let your teachers and parents know when someone is being mean or a bully.
7. I told Mrs. Currie, my teacher, and she talked to the class about bullying, and how we can stop it. After that the other dinosaurs stopped laughing when Rex was mean, and Rex stopped being a bully.
8. Sara taught me something. Always tell an adult you trust, when someone is bullying you.