Lumos Learning is proud to offer EdSearch as a premiere online educational search tool for parents, teachers and the students in their lives. We also know parental support is as vital to a child’s education as the classroom. Below you’ll find a list of some of how parents can use EdSearch to help ensure kids reach their learning objectives.
As you can see in our Overview here, EdSearch is Lumos Learning’s search engine designed specifically to provide parents and teachers with a targeted, online educational resource library. With over 1 million resources in its results, EdSearch is built to find the best digital and print materials needed towards students’ exact learning goals, whether for standardized testing or for extended learning, at any grade level.
Free with your Lumos Learning sign-up, EdSearch is the premiere feature for parents and teachers do the following:
- Discover thousands of curated standards-aligned resources, both digital and print.
- Offer safe search to students.
- Have quick access to thousands of grade appropriate practice questions and lessons.
- Find information about nearby schools, libraries, school supply stores, conferences and bookstores.
- View school test scores, enrollments, calendar events and more!
Using EdSearch for Supplemental Learning
Once you sign up for your free Lumos parent account, you can begin to use our EdSearch search engine immediately! For starters, parents can find the best resources for supplemental, extended learning and standardized test preparation — but that’s not all.
Unique to EdSearch, in addition to simply finding best materials for students, parents can utilize the EdSearch search engine to do all the below:
- Sign up their child for a free account, if the parent wishes to share and track learning results with the child.
- Instantly track the results of the student’s work.
- Then determine what other extended learning work is needed next, based off those immediate reports!
Again, in order to get the most out of sharing work and tracking a child’s progress using EdSearch, parents do need to sign-up a child for an individual account, so that the child can be offered progress reports, as the parent prefers.
For deeper use of extended learning using EdSearch, parents also can have access to our unique curriculum and testing preparation tool StepUp, currently trusted by over 12,000 schools. Developed by expert teachers and used by thousands of parents and schools, watch this video for more on what StepUp can do for you as a parent.
Any parent can purchase access to the Parent Portal StepUp program for their child, and it does not need to be sanctioned by a school in order for you and your child to use it successfully towards study and testing goals.
Standardized Testing and Assessment
EdSearch can also help any parent easily find the required standard testing resources for each child, in multiple formats (e.g. practice questions, videos, apps, and workbooks) to help better prepare a student for all major U.S. standardized tests.
- Use EdSearch to access our free standardized test practice resources based on your child’s school district and state needs.
- Plus, click here for our grid of standardized testing materials for purchase, or for more information on our quality, realistic state assessment practices.
- EdSearch can help you create online activity and performance reports for each student, for both online workbooks and printed workbooks.
Additional Resources and Skills Mastery
If you’re a parent, you also likely want to help ensure your child has a strong educational foundation beyond school and standardized testing. EdSearch can help search for both the best outside ongoing resources as well as our own Lumos learning resources:
- Using EdSearch to find the right educational videos and apps: No exact keywords needed to locate just what resources you need!
- Check out our standards-aligned printed practice workbooks, strategies for building speed and accuracy, and personalized score reporting, as well as our own Lumos online workbooks.
- You can find more information on general skills mastery materials here.
- For “The Summer Slide:” Find fun, engaging kits to keep students learning through the “dog days of summer.” Check out our Lumos summer learning kit, our HeadStart program, and our Summer Program.
- All practice materials, online or printed, include detailed answers to every question.
No matter what your school or district, EdSearch supports you as a parent dedicated to your child’s educational achievement! We are honored to provide students, parents and teachers with this high-quality content and collaborative learning platform, to best help students succeed in this technological age, and onward.