1. The real name of the statue
is “Liberty Enlightening the World”.
2. The statue
was given to America is 1886 as a gift from France.
4. The statue carries
and tablet with the date of the American Declaration of Independence (July 4, 1776).
5. There are 354 stairs to climb to reach the statue
6. The crown part has 25 windows in it.
7. There are 7 spikes on the crown. They are for the 7 oceans and 7 continents of the world. These show the idea of liberty
all over the world.
8. About 4-5 million people visit the Statue of Liberty each year.
9. The statue
is made of iron
and covered in copper. The copper has turned green due to being exposed
to the air.
10. The only way to get to see the statue
is by ferry
. Boats cannot dock at the island
that it is on.