Read “Rex the Bully” and answer the questions that follow.
1. Did you know it is hard being a dinosaur
? Yes, we are big and scary
, but there is always someone bigger and scarier. This someone is Rex. He is a Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaur
. Everyone is scared
2. My name is Albert. I am smaller than Rex. He makes me do his homework, takes my ice cream money, and pushes me around on the playground. Everybody just laughs at me. I do not have any friends because everyone is scared
3. Most days I hide
behind a huge tree in our playground.
4. One day when I was behind my tree I heard a tiny
voice, “Your name is Albert, right
?” I looked everywhere but did not see anyone. Then I heard, “Down here!” When I looked down I saw a tiny dinosaur
5. She said her name was Sara. She was even smaller than me. We became best friends.
6. Sara asked me if I ever told anyone about Rex. I told her that I was too scared
. Sara told me it is important to let your teachers and parents know when someone is being mean
or a bully
7. I told Mrs. Currie, my teacher, and she talked to the class about bullying, and how we can stop it. After that the other dinosaurs stopped laughing when Rex was mean
, and Rex stopped being a bully
8. Sara taught me something. Always tell an adult
, when someone is bullying you.