Like the Pros Author Unknown, Adapted by Candy Mazze.
Read the poem "Like the Pros" and answer the following questions.
1. It goes up, it goes down.
I try to get it to where it needs to
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
2. I practice, I play.
On my own, with the school team
With my dad, anyone who is willing.
3. My goal is to make it big.
To play with the big names.
The big name golfers.
4. Each time I play I imagine I'm there.
Maybe Pebble Beach or Augusta.
Wherever the golf tour goes.
5. I watch every golf tournament.
Anytime there's one on television, I watch it.
Or record it. And watch it later when I can.
6. I watch how the pros do it.
How they stand, swing, putt.
Even how they walk. Everything.
7. I watch how they hold their bodies after they swing.
How they squat to look from the ball to the hole.
How they rock back and forth right before hitting the ball.
8. I take it all in.
Remember every little thing I saw
And try to do the same when I play.
9. Each time I play or practice, I'm a pro.
In my mind.
The ball I hit is on one of the most famous greens of all.
10. For now I practice.
As often as I can, with whomever I can.
I can't get better if I don't practice.